M.O.K.S.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M.O.K.S.

Minions Of Kyuden South

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DUTY

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
yoritomo raizen
ALL CLAN SENSEI, THE GUIDANCE
yoritomo raizen

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: DUTY   DUTY EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 2:49 am

kun di pa kayo nakakapagbasa lately
basahin nyo ito kasi pivotal itong fiction na ito sa direction
ng story ng L5R.

-----------------------------------------

In the midst of a crippling war with forces from beyond the Empire, the Divine Empress summons her most loyal and dedicated vassals to her presence for an announcement of great importance.

Duty of the Clans

By Shawn Carman

Edited by Fred Wan

Mirumoto Mareshi took a moment to drink in the sights of the Imperial City as he rode slowly toward the stable attached to the Dragon Clan estate. He always enjoyed the city’s sights and sounds. There was a low but steady din from the hundreds of people milling through the streets, and another, slightly more melodic din from the spirits that swarmed all around the place. Others could not hear them, of course, but to Mareshi the whispers of the spirits were a constant murmur in the background. One he managed to ignore most of the time, but ever present just the same. He sighed inwardly as the stables came into view, and as attendants came toward him. The burdens of his position were such that he rarely enjoyed moments alone, and truthfully that was the only part of his life at present that he did not enjoy.

“Lord Mareshi-sama,” one of the attendants said as they reached him. “Are you alone?”

“I am.”

The man nodded. “You will be taking Lady Kei’s place at the Empress’ audience, then?” He glanced around. “My lord, where are your attendants?”

Mareshi dismounted and patted his steed on the flank. “I prefer to travel alone.”
Kitsuki Umibe did not frown, but it was clearly a struggle. “These are dangerous times, my lord. It is unsafe to travel alone, even for a warrior as experienced as you.”

“I prefer to leave our homeland with as many warriors as possible to defend it,” Mareshi answered, smiling. “Do not be concerned, friend. I arrived safely.”

“This time, yes,” Umibe said darkly. “The first time you do not will be the only time, I fear.”

“Is age finally making you surly?” Mareshi asked. “Or is it life in the Imperial City?”

“I do miss traveling,” Umibe admitted. “I cannot complain as to the level of excitement, however. It is as if I exist in a state of perpetual crisis.”

“Which you doubtless adore.”

“Somewhat,” Umibe said. “What can I offer you, my lord?”

“Information, if you please.” Mareshi removed his traveling cloak and headed toward the estate. “What is the status of the Empress’ audience? Have there been any indications as to its purpose?”

Umibe shook his head. “As yet, no. Several of the Champions have arrived, but several have sent proxies such as yourself. It appears that the Empress’ Chosen will be in attendance as well, and a few of the Jeweled Champions.”

“I would have expected no less,” Mareshi said. “They tend to congregate at events of importance, which this certainly appears to be.”

The older man nodded. “The Shogun arrived this morning.” Mareshi stopped in his tracks. “The Shogun?”

“Yes,” Umibe confirmed. “It appears that his forces will be redirected, most likely to the south.” He glanced at his daimyo. “You may not be aware, my lord, but the Crab lands have been lost.”

“All of them?” Mareshi demanded.

“For the most part, yes. There are portions in the west and east that remain under Crab control, but the vast majority of the area, the entire central region, has been completely overrun. Refugees flock to the areas that remain, north to the Scorpion and Crane lands… it is a terrible situation.”

“I see. I… had not heard.”

“What will this mean for the Dragon?”

Mareshi frowned. “The Shogun’s forces have been patrolling the western mountains between the Dragon and the Badger provinces, defending it against incursion as well as continuing the search for Daigotsu.” He shook his head. “That area will need to be defended. We will have to stretch our forces far more thinly to cover that much additional area.”
“That does not bode well for the Dragon,” Umibe said, his tone forlorn.

“It does not bode well for the Empire,” Mareshi corrected. “But then I cannot recall the last time I heard news that I found encouraging. Perhaps today.”

“Perhaps so.” Umibe’s voice was not particularly hopeful.

The Champions and the others were left with relatively little time to socialize before the doors to the audience chamber slid open. The two guardsmen stepped aside and allowed the personage of the Imperial Advisor to emerge. The ronin Susumu smiled at the assembled guests and favored them with a bow, an unnecessary formality given his position, but one that many returned out of courtesy. “The Divine Empress has asked me to confirm the presence of her most valued vassals, that her audience might begin. If you will but indulge me for a moment.” He smiled and panned around the room briefly, speaking to each delegation in turn.

“Representing the Crab, the lady Hida Reiha.”
“Representing the Crane, the lady Doji Domotai.”
“Representing the Dragon, lord Mirumoto Mareshi, husband of Mirumoto Kei.”
“Representing the Lion, Akodo Kobi, yojimbo of the Lion Champion and shireikan of the Akodo army.”
“Representing the Mantis, lord Yoritomo Naizen.”
“Representing the Phoenix, Shiba Yoma, the Voice of the Elemental Masters.”
“Representing the Scorpion, Bayushi Jutsushi, hatamoto of Kyuden Bayushi.”
“Representing the Unicorn, lord Moto Chen.”

“Representing the Imperial families, lords Miya Shoin, Otomo Taneji, and Seppun Kiharu.”
“The Emerald and Jade Champions, lords Bayushi Jimen and Kuni Daigo.”
“The Imperial Chancellor Bayushi Hisoka, the Imperial Treasurer Yoritomo Utemaro, the Shogun Moto Jin-sahn, and myself, the Imperial Advisor.”

Susumu bowed again, then gestured to the chamber beyond. “If you will please follow me, lords and ladies.”
The Empress entered the room with little more than a nod toward the assembled guests, all of whom knelt before her throne without looking upon her person. She sat down, and two guardsmen moved the intricate and ornate screen that protected her from the sight of others before her, obscuring all but her silhouette. The Voice of the Empress, a man once known as Togashi Satsu, followed behind the Empress and her husband, the Imperial Consort Iweko Setai. The men stood on either side of the Empress, well within view of the guests. “Rise, please,” the Voice said.

The guests rose as bidden. There was a slight rustle as the curtains on the small balconies on the left and right of the room parted, and the Voice of the Jade Sun and the Voice of the Obsidian Moon appeared to watch over the proceedings. Many among the guests glanced at one another. It was common knowledge that the Voices, the divine emissaries of the Celestial Heavens, rarely attended court sessions. Their presence indicated something of great importance, and it quickened the pulses of those observing.

“There is no doubt that you are all aware of the peril in which the Empire now finds itself. This assault upon Rokugan is unprecedented. Forces from beyond our borders now wage war upon us in a manner that has been seen only once before, at the Battle of White Stag. What’s worse, the plague afflicting the Empire has claimed thousands of lives, and of those who perished, an alarming number have risen again to cause even more terrible damage upon the Empress’ lands and people. The situation must not be allowed to continue.”

The Voice now gestured toward the Jade Champion. “The Empress is greatly pleased with the progress her Jade Champion has made toward the treatment of the plague. The herbal concoctions of his devising have made alleviating the symptoms dramatically easier, and have reduced the number of deaths by a wide margin.” Here the Empress inclined her head in Daigo’s direction, prompting a deep bow. “It is the belief of the Empress that the account of Otomo Taneji is correct, and that the events that occurred two weeks ago in the city of Ryoko Owari represented the elimination of some as yet unknown component of the plague. For this, the Scorpion have the Empress’ gratitude as well.”

Bayushi Jutsushi bowed deeply, and the Imperial Advisor smiled wryly in his direction.

“Despite these victories, however, the situation is yet dire,” the Voice continued. “This is not a time for quiet confidence and assurances that all will be well. This policy has served the Empire and previous Emperors well in the past, but the Child of Heaven will not embrace such a path. Now is the time to take action, and the Empress wishes her most trusted vassals, you, to be the implements of that change. In keeping with this, she has selected new duties that each of the Great Clans will perform in order to ensure that Rokugan survives the trials set before it.”

The Voice turned toward the Crab delegation. “Lady Reiha. Your clan has held a sacred duty for more than one thousand years, a duty that should never have fallen to one clan alone. The task of holding back the forces of the Shadowlands and of Jigoku must be something that the whole of the Empire takes part in, and it must be the sons of Hida who lead that effort. When this time of war is over, all shall not be as it was. For now, however, it is the will of the Empress that the Crab continue to stand at the forefront of the war with the Destroyers. There are none else who possess the knowledge and expertise necessary for such a duty.”

“As the Crab have long held a duty that should and could never have been performed by a single clan, however, so too must the duty to hold the Destroyers at bay be shared. If it is military might that is required for the Destroyers to be stopped, then there is no clans better suited to such a task than the Lion,” the Voice nodded toward the others, “and the Unicorn. The military might of these two clans has waxed and waned over the past decade with the conflicts between them, but united with the Crab, they are the most powerful military force in the world. Even the Destroyers will not find an easy target with such forces arrayed against them.”

The Voice paused for a moment as the respective Champions bowed. “As in the south, the northern border is threatened. The Army of Fire has returned despite the devastating defeat delivered unto the Dark Oracle of Fire during his last incursion. The northern border ha snot suffered the same relentless assault that has been seen in the south, but the northern clans stand threatened all the same. It is the will of the Empress that the Dragon shall lead the defense of the north, bolstered by the forces of the Minor Clans situated there, and the military might of the Shiba family, such as can be spared during this time of trial.”

“The Phoenix as a whole cannot be committed to the war, however, for the Empress has other need of them. The unyielding assault of the Destroyers is such that it is clear to the Divine One that there is something the foul Kali-ma seeks within the Empire. Until it is understood what that is, the demon goddess’ actions cannot be predicted. It is the Phoenix who shall discover the truth.”

Here the Voice paused, as if listening to something, then nodded. “It is the truth which is of greatest concern to the Empress. The enigma of the Destroyers is one that must be solved, not only in terms of motivation, but origin. It is for this reason that the Empress must ask of the Mantis to travel to the Ivory Kingdoms and discover the truth of the Destroyers. What gave rise to this unholy army?”

“Your will shall be done,” Naizen said softly. “I shall see to it myself.”

“And the most difficult task has been saved for the Crane and Scorpion,” Satsu said, looking upon the representatives of those clans. “The Empire is in grave peril, and fear rules the land. Fear gives rise to foolish decisions, and that can quickly lead to a greater threat than the one the Empire faces even now. Despite the plague, despite the Destroyers, despite the Army of Fire, the Empire must continue. Those within it must not stray from the path. And this is the task set before the Crane and Scorpion. You must maintain the Empire even as it threatens to fall apart. Tend to those who succumb to fear. Ensure that the people are not overwhelmed. If any can see this done, it is your clans.”

Domotai bowed deeply. “The Crane are greatly honored by this duty, Empress. I cannot speak for Paneki-sama, but rest assured that no effort will be spared to maintain the well-being of your Empire.”

“My lord Paneki-sama wishes nothing more than to protect the Empire, from all threats, at all costs,” Bayushi Jutsushi added.

The Voice bowed his head and nodded to the Empress. “The Empire will endure as it ever has: through the courage and the honor of the Great Clans. The Empress has no question that these tasks will be completed. For that, you have her thanks.”
The Champions bowed as one.

Doji Domotai walked swiftly as her attendants struggled to keep up. Alone among her entourage, a younger man with a tense expression managed to keep pace. “What do you make of this?” Domotai asked.

“An extremely difficult task,” Doji Nagori said flatly. “The Crane and Scorpion lands have suffered more from the plague than perhaps any other clan, potentially excluding the Unicorn due to the loss of the Horiuchi.”

“Which makes us the obvious choice for such a duty,” Domotai observed.

“Of course. If our clans are focused on the encouragement of others, we are less likely to be overwhelmed the by enormity of our own burdens. A shrewd move, by my estimation.”

“Its wisdom makes it no simpler,” Domotai said. “We must determine how to go about it.”

“The encouragement of major courts throughout the Empire would be a beginning,” Nagori said. “If we deploy a large number of attendants with ample resources at their disposal to sponsor competitions, artisan exhibits, it will be a beginning at least.”
“Competitions.” The Crane Champion rubbed her chin lightly. “Before the war took its turn for the worse, the Empress spoke of broadening the Jeweled Championships, did she not?”

“She did.” Nagori brightened. “She wished to add the arts as well as the sword and the scroll.”
“We will begin there,” Domotai said. “Petition the Empress and the Otomo to hold all of the Jeweled Championships on an annual basis.”

Nagori could not hide his look of alarm. “I… believe the Champions will object, my lady.”

“Not to replace them,” Domotai corrected. “They would never agree to that, and fighting them in the courts to get what we want would take too long. No, this would be an opportunity to add to their ranks. For each Champion to gain valuable assets in his organization. We have to make it an attractive prospect for them as well.”

“And what clan would not wish to place its samurai among the most trusted advisors of the Emerald or Jade Champion? Or Amethyst or Ruby?” He began to nod slowly. “Yes, I think that will work very well, my lady.”

“I hope so,” Domotai said. “If it does not, I am not certain what else we can attempt.”

Yoritomo Naizen said very little as they departed the Impeiral Palace, and for once in her life Moshi Eihime found herself fearful to speak. The Champion’s mood seemed inexplicably dark. As they approached the Mantis estate, however, she felt that she must speak. “I can have documents prepared detailing the dispensation and location of all our seaborne assets, my lord.”
“That will not be necessary,” Naizen said. “I know all that I need to know.”

“Of course,” Eihime said with a respectful nod. “How many vessels do you feel need to be redirected from their current duties in order to…”

“The Second Storm,” Naizen said curtly. “All of it.”

Eihime faltered in her gait slightly. “The entire Second Storm, my lord? Are… are you sure?”

“This is a task dangerous beyond all measure,” Naizen said. “We cannot afford to take chances.”

Eihime nodded again. “Your response in the throne chamber… you will be leading the expedition personally?”

Here it was Naizen who stopped. “That was my intention in the moment, yes,” he admitted. “Upon reflection, I have concerns. I am not certain it is wise for the Mantis Champion to be absent from the Empire at this time.”

“Undoubtedly,” Eihime agreed. “Is it wise to delegate such an authority to another? The sword cuts both ways, in this case.”

“Deploying an entire Storm will leave only the Third to defend our mainland holdings and the First to defend the islands. The open seas will be unprotected, and could easily give rise to any manner of threat against us.” He shook his head. “I must be here to defend our home. I cannot go.”

“As you command, my lord,” Eihime said. “I will contact the commander of the Second Storm at once and instruct him…”
“No,” Naizen interrupted. “Send word to Kyuden Kumiko. Instruct Jera to divide her forces and deploy half to the Second Storm’s commander. Each will have to continue their duties with half a Storm. I expect no loss of efficiency.” He considered for a moment. “Authorize the use of clan funds to hire as many ronin as the commanders see fit. Send my personal request to Utemaro and ask his advice on constructing a plan for placing the ronin on long-term retainer.”

“I… of course,” Eihime said. “Who will command the Second Storm on the voyage to the Ivory Kingdoms, my lord?”

“Kalani.”

“ Kalani?” she asked. “Moshi Kalani?”

“You know who I mean,” he said sharply. “Kalani has been my first mate for many years. I trust no one more.” Naizen glanced at her sidelong. “Perhaps you, I suppose.”

“I am greatly flattered,” Eihime said darkly. “What shall I tell Kalani?”

“I will speak to him.”

“If I may, what will you say to him?”

Naizen shrugged slightly. “He will not question his duty. He never has. I might tell him that if he succeeds at his task, he can marry you and retire to a life of luxury in court playing that game he likes so much.”
“I sincerely hope you are joking, my lord,” Eihime said.

The Mantis Champion glanced at her. “That depends on how well he does in the gaijin lands, doesn’t it?”

Back to top Go down
Yasui
CHAMP, THE KOLAT
CHAMP, THE KOLAT
Yasui

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUTY   DUTY EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 2:55 am

mga seaman pala kau ngayon ah..
nakow..baka d n makablik ulit yung mga yan ng buhay
Back to top Go down
yoritomo raizen
yoritomo raizen

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUTY   DUTY EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 7:56 am

babalik yan
right hand man ni naizen ang commander eh

moshi kalani FTW!!!!
mamaw yan sa story dre
Back to top Go down
Yasui
CHAMP, THE KOLAT
CHAMP, THE KOLAT
Yasui

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUTY   DUTY EmptyTue Jul 06, 2010 10:24 pm

anu b ginagawa nyan?
basta d nya sinasabi n destroy target player d sya strong

to senpai ryan:
nagtatanong si odan of me peddler k p b n binebenta..nangangailangan talaga yata sya...txt me or post mo n lang dito if meron at kung payag ka ibenta..gusto nya talaga benta..ayaw hiram nun..alam nyo naman un....pkisabi n rin ung mark up price at kung meron discounted price
Back to top Go down
Yasui
CHAMP, THE KOLAT
CHAMP, THE KOLAT
Yasui

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUTY   DUTY EmptyTue Feb 28, 2012 4:19 am

natatawa ako dun s fiction nung samurai
meron part dun n pumunta sila naizen kung saan nanatili
ung thunder dragon.....
eh bigla silang nkaramdam ng kakaiba at hindi nila mkita ung tubig
kasi madilim/ marumi / sabi ni naizen dun s isang moshi n ksama nya
Naizen:wala akong mkita s ilalim ng tubig....tinawag nya si moshi (nkalimutan ko ung name)
gawan mo nga ng paraan para me maaninag ako..
sabi sa kanya ng shugenja: ser,air shugenja ako....wala akong frens s water kami...

sabi ni naizen : bullshit dapat pala si kalani na lang dinala ko dito ...tatalon pa yun sa tubig
na may dalang knife para silipan......

hahaha.....barado si naizen s tauhan nya hahaha
Back to top Go down
yoritomo raizen
yoritomo raizen

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUTY   DUTY EmptySun Mar 04, 2012 3:41 am

oo naaalala ko yang fiction na yan

gusto sabihin ni naizan na pag ngutos sya kasy kalani
walang tanung tanong nagagawan ng paraan ni kalani yung problema

malupit yan si kalani hehe
Back to top Go down
Yasui
CHAMP, THE KOLAT
CHAMP, THE KOLAT
Yasui

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUTY   DUTY EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 12:25 am

parang in other words..
sabi ni naizen damnit......si kalani lag maasahan kong shugenja
walang arte s katawan
Back to top Go down
yoritomo raizen
yoritomo raizen

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUTY   DUTY EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 3:47 am

tama ka pwera sa punto na kala mo shug sya
samurai si moshi kalani Smile
Back to top Go down
Shiba Sensei
TATTOED, ELEMENTAL MASTER
Shiba Sensei

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUTY   DUTY EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:23 am

pre samurai naval yan si kalani nasa hidden binder yan ni senpai
Twisted Evil malupit din yan pre. di mo kasi naranasan gamitan nyan
kaya di mo kilala yan si kalani kolat. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Yasui
CHAMP, THE KOLAT
CHAMP, THE KOLAT
Yasui

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUTY   DUTY EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 9:23 pm

amp..samurai b un...leche....
akala ko shug kasi moshi
Back to top Go down
Shiba Sensei
Shiba Sensei

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUTY   DUTY EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 11:31 pm

Laughing pre tdow ata lumabas yan si kalani
check mo sa search engine

pero para sa iyo ito ability nya:

Kalani has +1F for each other naval personality in his army

Battle: even if kalani is bowed: target your personality. if his unit
assigned to the current battlefield or if there are any enemy units there,
move him there. straighten his unit.

Back to top Go down
yoritomo raizen
yoritomo raizen

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUTY   DUTY EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 3:07 am

sya ang kakaibang moshi kasi ang mga male moshi
madalas background lng
matriarchal kasi sila

pero sa rpg dahil me great destiny si kalani
ay sikat syang male moshi

ang isa sa mga talent nya "kemari"
sport yun na similar sa soccer
dami naiinlove dyan sa court kasi bukod sa astig sa kemari
me dating daw sabi ng rpg book

sya ang beckham ng rokugan hehe
Back to top Go down
Yasui
CHAMP, THE KOLAT
CHAMP, THE KOLAT
Yasui

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUTY   DUTY EmptyTue Mar 06, 2012 6:27 pm

ampota...medyo korni ung ability nya nung non unique sya kasi trait n tumataba
pero non unique nya back to the front or beloved of the clan style naman
Back to top Go down
yoritomo raizen
yoritomo raizen

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUTY   DUTY EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 3:26 am

nung mga panahon na yun kakalabas lng ng naval
kaya sa mga tao nun maangas na agad sya
Back to top Go down
Yasui
CHAMP, THE KOLAT
CHAMP, THE KOLAT
Yasui

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUTY   DUTY EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 6:15 am

oooh!!!
i dont know ung history nya so nung kapanahunan nya...strong n kagad sya
Back to top Go down
yoritomo raizen
yoritomo raizen

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUTY   DUTY EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 6:49 am

yep.
hot uncommon sya nun dre
hirap makahanap
isipin mo parang gold and steel
Back to top Go down
Yasui
CHAMP, THE KOLAT
CHAMP, THE KOLAT
Yasui

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUTY   DUTY EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:57 am

pati s mga story kasi
ang tingin s kanya s court at s battle
"Matikas na samurai"
hahaha
Back to top Go down
yoritomo raizen
yoritomo raizen

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUTY   DUTY EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 10:38 am

mwehehehe
kakatawa talaga yung bio nyan
Back to top Go down
Yasui
CHAMP, THE KOLAT
CHAMP, THE KOLAT
Yasui

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUTY   DUTY EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:32 am

kaso kung gusto mo ng gwapings,mayabang, etc..
Hideo n ako....lahat n lang andun eh
kaya olats sya s puso ni Taiko hahaha
si saburo naman at eriko parang tanga lang
ang da best so Oharu at mizuhiko...
nung namatay ung asawa ni isawa oharu pumunta si mizuhiko s tent nya
tapos wala lang...nagpropose sya ng marriage
Back to top Go down
yoritomo raizen
yoritomo raizen

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUTY   DUTY EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 8:45 pm

ganda naman pala nung isawa oharu
bagay sila, paregas na boxable hehe

oo nga, yung saburo eriko ang boblaks
yung hideo naman ayaw ko din. engot naman yun kasi
Back to top Go down
Yasui
CHAMP, THE KOLAT
CHAMP, THE KOLAT
Yasui

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUTY   DUTY EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:28 am

naalala ko.....
sabi ni shunori
"tara na tumakas na tayo (from kalima)....nagsakripisyo n si taiko eisaku at aki xp para
malaman ng empire ang nature ng threat n ito.......wag k n matigas ang ulo"
sabi ni hideo assuming dueling stance
"dito lang ako sa tabi ni taiko,ipagtatangol ko sya hanggang s huli"
lumapit si eisaku sabay sapak s batok...tulog si hideo
eisaku"brad paki dala nga itong imba n ito kasama nyo......anong gagawin nyan dito
commercial model???? at least bayad n ang utang ko s kanya (other story yun)
Back to top Go down
yoritomo raizen
yoritomo raizen

DUTY Empty
PostSubject: Re: DUTY   DUTY EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:34 am

hahaha yan nga yung tinutukoy ko
wala naman sya silbi dun, ngmamatigas pa
Back to top Go down
Yasui
CHAMP, THE KOLAT